Because of the lack of experience in their life, almost all people have made some mistakes. Those mistakes, but at the same time the positive experience had taught them some of the most respected life lessons. As the people are gathering experience, those lessons are called life lessons, and sometimes the most valuable lessons that we’ve learned come from other people’s experience.
Regina Brett, a 90-year-old woman decided to share the following 45 life lessons, so, enjoy the words of the wisdom and pick your favorite ones!
45 LIFE LESSONS FROM REGINA:
1. Life is good, even if it isn’t fair.
2. Enjoy life because it is too short.
3. If you are not sure, just take a small step forward.
4. Never buy something you don’t need.
5. When you are sick, it is your family and friends who will take care of you – not your job!
6. Crying alone cannot heal you as crying with someone else.
7. Don’t try to win every single argument. It’s more important to stay true to yourself.
8. You are allowed to get angry with God. He can understand it.
9. Resistance is futile when it comes to chocolate.
10. Save money for important things.
11. It’s OK to cry in front of your children.
12. Accept your past so it won’t destroy your present.
13. You shouldn’t be in a relationship that has to be secret.
14. Never compare your life with the life of others.
15. Take a deep breath – it calms the mind.
16. Everything can change within a minute. But don’t worry, God is always with you.
17. It’s true that what doesn’t kill you actually makes you stronger.
18. Get rid of all the useless things – they weight you down in many ways.
19. Stop at nothing, don’t accept ‘no’ for an answer and go after what you love in life.
20. Use the nice sheets and wear the new clothes. When you burn candles, burn all of them, don’t save them for special occasions, because you should treat every day as a special day.
21. Your happiness is in your own hands, it’s never too late to embrace it.
22. Don’t wait for old age to wear purple – be eccentric now!
23. Give your best, and then go with the flow.
24. Only you are in charge of your own happiness – you and no one else.
25. The brain is the most important sex organ.
26. Life is something you should always choose.
27. When you estimate every ‘disaster’ ask yourself ‘Will this matter in ten years?’
28. What others think of you is their problem, not yours.
29. Forgive but never forget.
30. The situation will change no matter how good or bad it is.
31. Give the Time time – it is able to heal almost everything.
32. Miracles do happen, believe me.
33. No one else takes you so seriously – so why would you?
34. Don’t overanalyze life. Just show up and make the most of your life now.
35. God doesn’t love you because of something you did or didn’t do. He loves you because of who HE is.
36. Living a full life is better than the alternative dying at a young age.
37. Love is the only thing that matters in life – love and is loved.
38. Your children are children only once.
39. If we all threw our problems in one place and be able to see everyone else’s problems, we’d quickly take ours back.
40. Miracles are all around you, so go outside every day!
41. The best time of your life is yet to come…
Don’t be envious – it’s just a waste of time. Make peace with what you already have.
43. Regardless of the way you feel, get up, dress up and show up!
44. Maybe it isn’t tied with a bow, but life is a real gift.
45. Let it be.
Tell us your comments about this article and which of these lessons do you find the most useful!!!