Silence holds immense power. When we learn to still the mind, we are able to create what we want in life instead of reacting impulsively because of a restless mind.
Silence is a long-lasting friend. But we need to nurture it, pay attention to it.
Here are 15 empowering quotes on silence to bring powerful clarity and insights to your life.
1. “Silence at the proper season is wisdom, and better than any speech.” – Plutarch
2. “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
3. “Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute.” – Josh Billings
4. “True silence is the rest of the mind; it is to the spirit. What sleep is to the body, nourishment and refreshment.” – William Penn
5. “He who does not understand your silence will probably not understand your words.” – Elbert Hubbard
Only those that truly know you can understand your silence, not just your words.
6. “Work hard in silence, let your success make the noise.” – Frank Ocean
7. Time and silence are the most luxurious things today. Tom Ford Click to tweet
8. Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence, and I learn whatever state I am in, therin to be content. Helen Keller
9. Saying nothing sometimes says the most. Emily Dickinson
10, I, schooled in misery, know many purifying rites, and I know where speech is proper and where silence. Aeschylus
11. In human intercourse the tragedy begins, not when there is misunderstanding about words, but when silence is not understood. Henry David Thoreau