Classic brain training methods are perhaps puzzles like crosswords or sudoku, but in recent times I have become more and more attracted to the type of challenge you’ll see below.
This types of puzzles have been flooding the web lately, probably because they are really fun!
These are old classic mathematical problems. When you were in middle or high school.
These tests are more fun when you find yourself trying to remember the math you learned as a child.
Can you figure it out?
Three of the four equations have given results. Are you able to solve the fourth equation by yourself without peeking below?
Let’s talk about the solution – this is how you can calculate it:
- We have an addition of three cats which is equal to twenty-four in the first equation.
- Then in the second equation, we have two fish and one cat, which adds up to ten.
- The third equation consists of an addition of a cat and a bee divided by three times a parrot. Which gives six as an answer.
- Lastly, the fourth equation, which you have to solve, comprises of a fish times a cat divided by a parrot.
What is your answer?
For the solution, you need to find out the numbers each animal represents:
- To determine what the cats equal, you simply need to divide 24 by three (as there are three equal parts). So, cat = 8.
- 8 + fish + fish = 10. So the fish equals 1.
- (8 + 1) / 3 * parrot = 6. That means (9) / 3 is 3. 3 * 2 = 6.
Therefore, the final equation can be translated into 1 * 8 / 2 = 4 = ? Hence, the solution is 4.
Were you able to solve this brainteaser?